Skip to main content

Dukes Meadow Promenade Gates Restoration

This was a great project carried out by The Blacksmith Shop in collaboration with the Dukes Meadow Trust.

With the generous support of the London Borough of Hounslow, Heritage of London Trust and the Ironmongers’ Company.

Extensive restoration works we’re carried out by The Blacksmith Shop:

  • All existing metalwork was shot blasted on site, damaged and missing parts were replaced.
  • A 2 pack 25 year paint finish was applied.
  • The brick pillars we’re ground back to raw brick and clear sealant applied.
  • Stone was cleaned and restored.

Dukes Meadow Promenade Gates


The gates were originally installed in the 1920s as the grand entrance to the newly-established Dukes Meadows. It aimed to provide the growing working community of the area with a space to enjoy the fresh air and greenery.

Prince Albert, who went on to become King George VI, opened the gates for the very first time as guest of honour at the park’s opening in 1926.

Members of the Dukes Meadow Trust have been working hard to restore the park after it fell into decline during the 1980s.

Enquire Now
Back to Portfolio